Thursday, February 15, 2018

my Gifted Gorgeousness Update for February

A Chirpy Sort of Place
It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  This stitch-a-long is being hosted by Jo of Serendipitous StitchingGifted Gorgeousness projects are projects that were made to be given as a gift, or in some way or part received as a gift.  Boy do I have a lot of those!  I think most of my projects were gifted to me - either as kits, charts, or gift cards to purchase fabric and threads.

Above is shown the progress on my project "A Chirpy Sort of Place", which was gifted to me as a kit, by a special friend.  I stitched the two birdhouses, completed the back stitching on the birdhouses and the fence, and began stitching the border.

I also continued stitching on my "Halloween Pumpkin" from the 2012 Just CrossStitch Halloween Issue, which was gifted to me.  I stitched quite a bit of the witch's hat.
Halloween Pumpkin
Here is where I left off last month:

I filled in the missing stitches on my Carousel Tiger's feet and legs, and then back stitched them.  One day I suppose I will get around to his head.
Carousel Tiger
Here is where I left off last time:  (image color below is way off)

I also stitched on my Dutch Sampler.  I added some more letters and worked on the border.  The photo was washed out, so I will re-shoot it for next time.  By then I will have made more progress, anyhow.

That's all for my update this time.  I can't wait to check in on everyone's progress.
Happy Stitching!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

my January WIPocalypse Update

Multi-Coloured Alphabet by Gail Lawther
Time sure does fly!  Here it is time for another WIPocalypse update.  These are all of the projects that I currently have in progress that I hope to finish before the world ends.

First up is "Multi-Coloured Alphabet" by Gail Lawther I am just about half way finished stitching this one.   It is an easy stitch and quite different from my other projects.

Here is where I left off last time:

I also made some progress on "Maison De Famille" (freebie by Gazette94 ).  This is one of my "experimental" projects.  I am stitching it with leftover (small) bits of floss in shades of blue and grey. 

Maison De Famille

I also stitched a bit on "Victorian Charm", which was a new kit for me last summer.  This is 18ct navy Aida fabric, so I work a bit more slowly.

Here is my last progress image:

My final project, "Halloween Pumpkin" from the Just CrossStitch Halloween Issue, has been stitched and restitched.  I stitched all of the right-hand side border bats, only to discover that the last time I worked on it I had made a tiny mistake and was off by 2 threads.  If I had noticed, I would have only had to frog about 5 stitches and a little back stitching.  Instead, I had to frog out the entire row of bats ... yuk!   Well, I frogged them all out and restitched them.

Here is where the project currently is
That's all I have for this update.  I am moving right along on my WIPs and enjoying every minute of stitching time that I get.

Happy Stitching!

Thursday, January 18, 2018

my January Gifted Gorgeousness Update

Dutch Sampler by Sandy Orton
It's time for the first "Gifted Gorgeousness" update of the new year.  These are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift. 

I worked on a few of my gifted projects.  I made quite a bit of progress on "Dutch Sampler" (fabric and thread gifted to me).  I finished the windmill and lower right corner, the cat, the crown and sections of border.  I also stitched the big "I" and "K" eyelet letters, the medium "E" filigree letter, and the small "I" "K" "L" and "M" letters, the "6" "7" "8" "9" and "0", as well as the date.

Here is where I left off last time:

I stitched on "To Everything a Season" (kit gifted to me), making some I progress on the leaf and berry border on the top left.

I also stitched on my "Winter Sampler" (kit gifted to me).  I had already finished the Valentine section, this time I worked on the area below that.  There will be a nifty snowman making an appearance.

Last, but not least ... I started a new little Xmas Sampler from Cross Stitcher Magazine (Nov 2017) that was gifted to me:

I was quite happy with the amount of stitching time I had this month & feel like I made good progress on my projects.  That's all I have for this update.  

Happy Stitching!

Monday, January 08, 2018

2018 WIPocalypse Goals

Dutch Sampler - Sandy Orton
I am once again participating in the WIPocalypse stitch-a-long.  These are all of the projects that I have started and hope to finish before the world ends. 

My current WIP list has a total of 44 WIPs (several of which date back to the 90's).  I currently have 10 projects by Sandy Orton in progress.   Her samplers appeal to me on many levels.  I love the busy designs, the specialty stitches, and the variety of projects.

I would like to have some finishes this year ... I see so many great designs I would love to stitch, but am holding back until my WIP list is smaller. 

Goal 1: Finish "Dutch Sampler" (shown above).
Goal 2: Make significant progress on each of my samplers. 
Goal 3: Work at least a little bit on each of my 44 projects.

Here are some of the goal photos from samplers I am stitching:

American Sampler - Sandy Orton
To Everything A Season - Samdy Orton
Spanish Sampler - Sandy Orton
The Four Seasons (Four Samplers) by Sandy Orton
I have participated in several stitch-a-longs over the years including the Halloween Ornament and Christmas Ornament SALs, Gifted Gorgeousness, and of course the WIPocalypse SAL.  I plan to keep participating as much as my schedule allows.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is stitching & hope for a productive new year.
Happy Stitching!

Related Posts with Thumbnails