Saturday, July 29, 2017

my July WIPocalypse Update + a small finish

"Beehive Sampler" by Sandy Orton
It's time for another WIPocalypse update!   These are projects that I have been working on and hope to finish before the world ends.  I had some good stitching time this month (for  a change), and I worked on several of my WIPs.

"Beehive Sampler" by Sandy Orton (shown above).  I am moving along a bit on this project.  I finished stitching the left hand side pansy border, filled in a few spots in the center (still some back stitching to do there), and started work on the oranges and blossoms around the top beehive.  Plenty more to stitch and some fun specialty stitches coming up.  I can't wait!

"Halloween Pumpkin" from the Just CrossStitch 2012 Halloween Issue.  Well, the pumpkin is finished! and I did some work on the bat border and the witches hat.  I still have a way to go as I have barely started stitching the cat.

Here is where I left off last time:
Quaker 2 - (freebie) by Claire aka: Gazette94

I started this project back in 2015 as part of Debbie's Crazy January Challenge & hadn't touched it since.  I am using random bits of floss leftover from other projects in shades of pinks and greens.  I am making good progress & going to try to finish this one before the end of summer.

Here is my small finish of the month.  It is "Precious Puppy" from the book "100 Cross-Stitch Christmas Ornaments" by Carol Siegel.  I plan to finish this into an ornament.
 
Question of the Month – What are your oldest and your newest WIPs?

I have several projects started in the 90's, which ended up in storage after a move.  They sat in storage for about 15-20 years before I located them and pulled them out.  

I think my oldest WIP is "Her Majesty's Carousel" a Dimensions kit 16" x 18" with a gold lazy daisy stitched border and gold beading.  I am actually very close to finishing this ... I just never seem to pick it up.  I haven't touched it in at least 5 years.  (shame! shame! shame!)


My newest WIP is "Victorian Charm" by Dimensions.  I started this project last week!  (shame! shame! shame!)  lol!  My sweetie and I both came down with the flu last week and each picked an item off our Amazon wishlists as a treat to look forward to.  "Victorian Charm" had been on my wishlist for a few years ... and so I have a new WIP.

I think I've about covered my stitching for the month.  I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. The Beehive Sampler is getting close to a finish. I love the Quaker piece, I haven't stitched a Gazette 94 for a while now. I love her designs. I also love the tall house new WIP.
    The oldest one could easily be finished by doing one strand per day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pumpkin. Beehive is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Cheryl. Love your new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pumpkin design, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. Love you oldest WIP too, hope you get finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely ner start! I love the Quaker design too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beehive sampler is lovely and your Halloween piece looks fantastic. Love your new start, I have that one in my stash. I agree with Jo, one strand a day and the carousel piece will be finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, great progress on everything. I really love the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on all your projects =) I really love the carousel, I have never seen it before, but the border looks and sounds like a lot of work =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails