Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My August Gifted Gorgeousness Update

It's time for another Gifted Gorgeousness update.  "Gifted Gorgeousness" projects are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift. 

This month I stitched a Lab Puppy ornament for my sister and attached it to a card for her birthday.  I used a free pattern that I found here: http://www.jessica-tromp.nl/crossstitch/.  I stitched the puppy on 14 count plastic canvas, added a satin ribbon loop, and backed it with felt. 

This was a pretty good month for stitching progress.  I had a nice finish: Quaker 2 - (freebie) by Claire aka: Gazette94
I love to stitch Quaker style charts!

I also made a lot of progress on my Cow Sampler:
This should be a finish before too long.

To change things up a bit, I pulled out one of my printed embroidery projects, "Rose Lap Quilt".  This was a project gifted to me by a non-stitchy friend.  A project photo, 4 printed fabric panels, and a few skeins of floss were included.  There are no stitching guidelines - so I am winging it.

I had finished assembling the panels and stitching the center motif the last time I worked on it.  This time I started embroidering one of the rose motifs (there are 8).  I mixed in some of my color variegated floss that actually matched the colors of the included floss and used lazy daisy, split stitch, straight stitch and stem stitch so far.

 Here is the project photo that came with the panels:
Whew!  This one is going to take a long time to finish!

That's all I have this month for Gifted Gorgeousness projects.  I am working my way through my WIPs and should have some new progress on old WIPs for my next post.

Happy Stitching and Happy Gifting!
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I enjoyed visiting your blog! Your stitching is lovely, the lab puppy is too cute and congrats on your finish (I loved your color choices), and your embroidery stitching is picture perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great work on your cross stitching this month but goodness, what a large embroidery project! That will keep you in GG for many months to come, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the adorable finish Cheryl. Your puppy is so cute. Nice progress on the others.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all your projects look great and you made wonderful progress on them =) I really love the puppy, it's so cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, the puppy is adorable, a perfect card!
    Your little Quaker is lovely and the Cow Sampler is looking great.
    I love the colours you've chosen for the embroidery piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely embroidery project.
    Great card idea, I bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching! The cow sampler is fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails