Sunday, December 31, 2017

my December WIPocalypse Update and Year End ReCap

Time for the final WIPocalypse update of the year!

THIS MONTH'S PROGRESS: 

Another busy month for me and not a lot of stitching time ... however I did make a bit of progress:

I did some stitching on "Creative Cats" (shown above), which was gifted to me years ago.  This is a small project stitched with various embroidery stitches (Satin Stitch, Stem Stitch, Straight Stitch, Back Stitch, Lazy Daisies, and French Knots) using cotton floss and wool yarn on a printed background.  It is pretty cute and should be a finish before too long.

I stitched a grand total of 2 letters on "Halloween Collage" by Sharon Pope. "HA!"
Here is where I hope to go:
I also stitched a bit on my Carousel project, which is a pretty printed embroidery/crewel project with both cotton floss and wool yarns that was gifted to me some time ago.
And... I finished another ornament from my felt Advent Calendar, as well as working on my felt tree skirt - completing some sequins/beading and detailing.

YEAR END RECAP:

Well ... I did pretty well with my goal of working on ALL of my WIPs this year.   I began the year with 47 WIPs.  I worked on 45 out of 47.  I finished 4 of those WIPs, and only added 1 new WIP to the list.  I also started and finished 5 additional small projects - for a total of 9 finishes. (shown here: 2017 Finishes)

The 2 projects that were left untouched this year were the needlepoint kits.  I found my stretcher strips, but I have no idea where my box of thumbtacks went.  I would rather spend my free time stitching on projects that I have ready now - then to keep searching for elusive items ... so as soon as I run across the missing tacks, I will pick the up those projects and make up for lost time.

As always, I hope for more stitching time next year, and I hope to have more finishes.  But in reality - I am happy with any stitching time I have and any progress I make.

Have a Safe & Happy & Stitchy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your achievements for 2017. Wishing you a stitching filled 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done hitting almost all your WIPs in 2017, hope 2018 is happy and stitchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap. You have a nice variety of projects. Love the Hallowe'en start, I like a bit of typography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty decent stitching year. Love your Halloween WIP.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails